As an operation we both support and follow the Provincial restrictions that are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The Provincial Health Officer (PHO) under the Public Health Act makes these restrictions and others are made under the Emergency Program Act (EPA).
For the operations of our guided tours and bike clinics we have the following
procedures in place:
- All guests will be emailed a health-screening questionnaire 24 hours prior to their departure date. If a guest a displaying any symptoms outlined in the screening then we find an alternate date for the booking.
- All Arbutus Routes staff are required to complete the health-screening before starting work each day. This screening is accessed by all staff via a QR Code that is posted at all entry points to our workplace.
- We have installed multiple hand sanitization stations around the bike shop and these are to be used prior to entering the storefront.
- Arbutus Routes staff and customers are required to wear a mask in all indoor environments and in cases outside where we are unable to maintain 2 metres of physical distancing.
- In the situation of a First-Aid incident the Guide will don all required PPE and provide the guest will a medical grade mask before performing any care.
- All of our Guides have been trained on all of these procedures and practice them in each situation.
We have also created an internal COVID Store Policy that all staff is aware of and a printed copy of this detailed document is present in our bike shop. The precautions that we take as a business are laid out in Phases to match the guidelines laid out by the BC Health Authorities.
If you have any questions with our procedures and we will be happy to review that with you.