This is the mountain bike you reach for when the trail is untamed and unrelenting, in both directions. “Trail bike” is a term that gets used pretty liberally in the industry, so Yeti designed the SB140 to be even better suited to go deep and find out what’s on the other side.
- 34mm more downtube clearance
- 2.6 Tire clearance with room to spare
- Floating collet pivot axles enhance stiffness and bearing life
- Size-specific Chainstay
- Size-specific Seat tube angle
SWITCH INFINITY. RECALCULATED:
Discover the next-generation of translating pivot suspension designs. Setting new expectations for kinematics, longevity, sensitivity, and strength.
Internally routed cable tubes with secure closures at entry and exit points eliminate rattles and cable rub. Whether running a mechanical drivetrain and dropper or a wireless setup, cable management is intuitively easy and quiet.
Threaded aluminum bottom bracket shell with integrated ISCG-05 tabs. This critical drivetrain interface is now more durable, cleaner, and easier to service.
If a hanger bending crash occurs, the new Yeti models use the Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH) interface — the industry standard mount for a rear derailleur. The UDH is available in nearly any bike shop, Yeti dealer or not.
As the capability of Yeti bikes continues to increase, so does their ability to run modern-day, full-stroke dropper posts. Our seat tube is shorter to allow for longer dropper posts. Most riders will be able to use a 150mm dropper posts on Small frames*, 175mm on Medium frames*and 200mm+ dropper posts on L-XXL frames* respectively.
*Dependent on actual seat height on specific bike size.
SLIGHTLY HIGHER STACK:
A slightly more upright position is more comfortable on big ascents and more capable on big descents. Riders who prefer a more aggressive position can run less stem spacers for a cleaner look.
REFINED NEW LOOK. STILL DISTINCTLY YETI:
The refined main frame and swingarm silhouette is more than just striking good looks – it’s an engineering approach that packages Switch Infinity and shock linkage in a tighter, more efficient frame with added impact clearance. Holistic frame chassis stiffness has increased, along with frame ground clearance.
A SMARTER LEVERAGE RATE:
Designed around a relatively linear progression curve, with slightly more progression at the end of the stroke for the added travel of the bike. SB140 Riders get great small bump sensitivity, an incredibly supportive mid stroke and a composed, bottomless feel. It’s a progression curve that’s delivers quality full travel capability, for mountain biking. Other bikes might have more progressive curves. The question is, what for?
PATENTED COMPACT WISHBONE:
Yeti’spatented, two-piece wishbone shock extender optimizes leverage rate while pushing the shock forward in the frame. This forward positioning allows for a large range of shock compatibility, decreases stand over height, reduces shock tab sizes, increases water bottle compatibility, and increases downtube clearance. When it’s time for service, shock removal is quick and easy.
- Frame: C/Series carbon fiber frame, Switch Infinity suspension technology, Threaded BB, internally tunneled cable routing, 148mm x 12mm BOOST dropouts, sealed enduro max pivot bearings, Universal derailleur hanger (UDH), and axle.
- Fork: FOX FACTORY 36/150MM
- Weight: 31.89
- Travel: 140MM (5.5″)
- Rear Shock: FOX FACTORY FLOAT DPS
- Wheelset: CRANK BROTHERS SYSTHESIS ENDURO 30MM
- Rear derailleur, cassette, chain, crankset: Shimano SLX
- Shift: Shimano XT
- Brakes: Shimano SLX 4 pistons
- Rotors: Shimano 203/Shimano 180
- Droppper Post: ONEUP DROPPER POST 31.6MM / SM: 150MM, MD: 180MM, LG-XXL: 210MM
- Tires: MAXXIS MINION DHF 2.5 EXO / MAXXIS AGGRESSOR 2.3 EXO
- Headset: CANE CREEK 40 INTEGRATED
- Bars: BURGTEC RIDE WIDE ALLOY ENDURO 35X780MM
- Stem: BURGTEC ENDURO MK3 35X50MM
- Grips: ODI ELITE PRO
- Seat: Silverado Custom