The Arbutus Routes Flexible Booking Policy
All Participants or Equipment Users will be required to read and agree to our Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (Tour and Rental Agreement). This document is able to be read and completed here: Tour and Rental Agreement
We understand that these are very uncertain times to travel and we are here to help make your booking worry free. You can cancel your booking for any reason up to 24 hours before departure and we will refund your deposit*.
All prices are listed and charged in $CAD. International exchange rates and fees will vary depending on your credit card issuer.
A 20% Deposit is due at the time of booking to confirm your tour and/or rental. Remaining balance is due in store at time of departure. Size changes and alterations can be done via email, phone, or in-store; but are subject to availability.
In the event of Changes, Cancellations and Late returns; we ask that you keep us notified of your changing plans so we can best accommodate you and our other guests. Our official policies are outlined below:
Changes and Cancellations:
- Changes or Cancellations made outside of 24 hours from departure; deposit will be returned in full* or transferred to another day for future booking.
- Changes or Cancellations made within 24 hours from departure; but not on the day of departure, the 20% deposit is retained as a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made on the day of departure; No refunds will be issued on the day of departure and payment will be processed in full. Changes on the day of departure are subject to availability and charges are at the discretion of the booking agent.
* We will refund your deposit back to the same credit card that you placed your booking with. To help us cover some of the costs (Credit Card fees) for the cancellation there is 5% processing fee. This is equal to 5% of your deposit rather than the full invoice amount.
- All Bicycles and Equipment must be returned no later than the end date and time as indicated on the invoice or they will be considered a late return.
- In the event of a late return, it is at the discretion of the booking agent to charge additional rental fees for the duration of the delay.
- Bicycles and Equipment that are returned the following day after a rental period ends will be charged an additional non-discounted 24hr day rate for each item.
- Any damages to Bicycles and Equipment must be made apparent to staff upon returning.
- Customers are responsible for the cost of repair for any damage that would typically be incurred by an impact or accident, as judged by our staff. We will charge parts and labour used to bring the Bicycle or Equipment back into suitable rentable condition.
- Our Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) will remove the cost of repair for any accidental damage to our bikes or equipment.
- Intentional damage or misuse of Bicycles and Equipment will void the ADP policy.
Any further conditions can be found in our FAQ or Booking policy pages on www.arbutusroutes.com or in-store.