Greg Minnaar’s signature tire – the Maxxis Assegai – provides tenacious, predictable grip across the entire profile no matter the lean angle. The Assegai can be used front and rear for a surefooted feel or as a front paired with a faster rolling rear tire.
The Maxxis Assegai tire is named after the iron-tipped spear used by the Zulu people of South Africa. Greg Minnaar, a native of South Africa, thought it was a fitting name for a tire ready to do battle on the mountain. The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but also offer support and confidence on wet roots and rocks. While other tires excel only in certain conditions, the new Maxxis Assegai is built to go fast everywhere.
- Dual compound, 3C MaxxTerra, or 3C MaxxGrip options
- 60 TPI, DoubleDown (2×120 TPI), or Downhill (2×60 TPI) casing options
- EXO or EXO+ puncture protection options
- Wide Trail (WT) sizes are optimized for 35mm inner width rims
- Select specs are Tubeless Ready (TR), confirm in table below
CATEGORY: Trail, Enduro, Downhill
RECOMMENDED USE: All trail, enduro, and downhill conditions
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION: Front